Saturday, July 25, 2009

Make the effort

Grandma GG and Vicky

Special dinner together in May











In May, when David and I traveled to Ohio to purchase our fjord, Solvin, we made a little side trip to my Grandma's house. It was a last minute thing, so spontaneous and unlike us. Our visit meant the world to her! We picked her up and went out to dinner. We stayed up late talking and sharing stories. I admired her spunk and thought she looked fabulous for 91! I was so glad we MADE THE EFFORT.



It is from my Grandma's family that I probably inherited this "farmer gene". Many of her nieces and nephews still operate large farms in Ohio today.


We'll be returning to Ohio next week, because Grandma is not doing well. A fall and a bump on the head two days ago, has swiftly taken her spunk and she is asleep in a deep coma. Please pray for my mom and her family as they deal with what is ahead.
So, when the opportunity arises, be spontaneous and see your loved ones. Give them big hugs and say "I love you". Life is precious. Vicky




No comments: