Wednesday, December 23, 2009

25" of Snow at Edenbrook Farm

No one has been in the right place since Sunday! I had to get all the critters close to the barn, so that trudging through the snow wasn't an issue. But let me tell you - it's still an issue. I am proud to say that I have made it through my first blizzard as a farmer. (I am exhausted). :)

Chicken coop in the wash stall.
Donkeys and Minis in the arena.
Ramona the cow in the round pen just beyond.
Fjords in the goat paddock.
Goats and llamas are in the barn witing their turn in the paddock.
Driveway down to the barn.

A winter wonderland. 12/19/09

The animals were a bit confused with the monumentous snowstorm we had last weekend. I couldn't get to the farm on Saturday, as the roads were impassible. My wonderful friend and farm neighbor rescued me and fed all the animals for me. The next day we plowed our way in, brought the horses and cow down to the barn. Every day gets a little better, but there is another storm coming on Christmas Day. Freezing rain. We had to cancel the Live Nativity, which makes me so sad.
All of the animals are doing fine and are cozy in the barn each night. I have had a full body workout every day since Sunday - shoveling manure AND snow. How does my Vermont farmer friend do it? Here are some pictures of the snowfall and the animals. Merry Christmas!

No comments: